Monday, January 31, 2011

watercolor

I've started to focus my energy on fine tuning my painting skills. I have stepped away from paint for a long time. It was my focus in college. I started graduate school for art education in NYC and was there on 9/11. I withdrew from school shortly afterward, the commute was just too nerve racking for me. So I put the art aside and tried to make money doing other less interesting things. So fast forward to now. I'm home with a toddler and my whole being is aching to create. Watercolor is an easy one to start and stop in just a little window of time. So I bought this book to help me and I LOVE IT! What a fabulous book. It's like an art class. So many great exercises! This morning I got out my watercolor box from undergrad, sifted through the many dried out tubes of paint and tried out a few lessons.

No comments: